Expectations of Members
The expectations of each member of Netherfield Chapel are:
- To live a life consistent with the Gospel and worthy of the high calling in Christ.
- To spend some time of every day in prayer and reading the Scriptures.
- To share, as regularly as is practicable, in the corporate worship of the local church and to be regular and faithful in observance of the Lord’s Supper.
- To fulfill the ministry of intercession, both privately and by being present at the regular meetings for corporate prayer and Bible study.
- To live in loyal love and friendship with all other members of the Church, particularly with those in fellowship in the local church.
- To take some part in the work of the local church according to calling, gifts and opportunities.
- To accept personal responsibility for the running of the local church, in conjunction with the Elders and Deacons, by attending special church meetings as arranged and by assisting in practical activities as necessary.
- To set aside and give a sum of money each week for the work of the Lord.
- To attempt to introduce and bring others to the various open gatherings by personal invitation, hospitality and visitation.
- To bear personal witness to the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ by word and deed, and so take part in the evangelisation of the world.
To sum up, all those who desire to meet together in this local church, like those in the early days of the Church, should “devote themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” (Acts 2:42)